Now it's time to say Hello to me and all my kin I would like to thank you folks for kindly droppin' in
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have a heapin' helpin' of our hospitality!
Hillbilly, that is, sit a spell, take your shoes off
Y'all come back now, ya hear?
--adapted from "The Beverly Hillbillies" by Paul Henning
Monday, May 3, 2010
Kreativ Blogger Award
What a nice surprise...I got my first blog award! Thanks so much to tolduso for thinking of me!
Here is the award:
The rules are pretty simple: I just need to type 7 things that you may not know about me, then pick 7 people to pass the award on to. As a thanks to Tolduso, I will splash some pics from her Etsy shop throughout my blog.(My kids...hint hint, mother's day is coming!) Sit back and enjoy how a hillbilly becomes a hillbilly!
1. Not too many people know that my mother died when I was only 8 yrs old. She had a brain tumor. Life changed for me real quick! I believe all things happen for a reason, and if my mom wouldn't have passed away, then my #2 wouldn't be.
2. My dad remarried and had 3 more children, but due to a family split, I haven't seen my younger siblings for years. My sister was 12 yrs old the last time that we really spent any time together. Last fall she found me on facebook. It turns out that she has an Etsy shop, too. Well actually two of them ~
We still haven't seen each other face to face, but we've done a lot of catching up over the internet. We both sew, both are self taught, and neither of us knew that about one another until last fall. I love Etsy and facebook for bringing my sister and I together again.
3. Since the invention of this blogger thing, my true inner self is coming out. It used to be, most people thought I was pretty reserved until they got to know me. Actually, I am daring and can be a bit crazy. I've been indoor skydiving and outdoor bungee jumping; I've hiked in tornado warnings and severe ice storms; I've stayed up for 3 days straight to hang with some teens. In fact I have a nick name...MamaG...given to me from some teenagers. The G stands for goose because I am just crazy as a goose most of the time.
4. I have a target painted on the car wherever I'm riding. It's invisible, but if one wants to find it, I am sure that they will. I have been in 5 collisions (that I can remember) where our car was totalled, and each time they crashed into wherever I was sitting. The two worst...one put me into labor, but I was on the way to the hospital to be induced anyway. As for the other, we flipped in the air, rolled several times, and I spent a year in physical therapy~ but not one night in the hospital :)
5. I used to have Miniature Horses and used them to help under-privileged kids in 4H. We put on our own horse show and everything. My smallest horse stood 18" tall at the whithers, was smaller than our Lab, and was a very feisty stallion. When I had to get rid of them, I sent my two favorites to a home for mentally impaired women. ( I miss my little horses ).
6. I absolutely love to hike. I geocache so that I can find fun or beautiful places that you wouldn't normally find otherwise. Several years ago I made my kids go on a 20 mile hike with me for Mother's Day. That won't be happening this year, I am too out of shape from that geriatric pregnancy!! I do miss hiking, but I am prone to spending my entire summer covered in poison ivy...and that would probably not be good with baby around.
7. As I sit here typing this, I am wondering what to put on this last item. I have done so many things in my life that I've learned from. I've been places that I'll never forget. Things have happened that have molded me, some good, but a whole lot of bad that I keep tucked in the back of my head for only a small handful of people to catch a glimpse of. Frankly, what it all boils down to is my faith. Nothing happens that God doesn't allow to happen. The most important thing I've ever done is to put my faith in Jesus, and really nothing else matters much. It's all neat, or interesting (or maybe not so much); but 100 yrs from now, no one will know who I even am. But, I know where I'll be!
Ok, now for my 7 people that I am picking to give the same opportunity to are...(drumroll)...