Pleased to meet Ya

Now it's time to say Hello to me and all my kin
I would like to thank you folks for kindly droppin' in
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have a heapin' helpin' of our hospitality!
Hillbilly, that is, sit a spell, take your shoes off
Y'all come back now, ya hear?

--adapted from "The Beverly Hillbillies" by Paul Henning

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Did you see Him?

Thoughtful Thursday

Like many of you, no doubt, I enjoy browsing through antique, thrift, or otherwise 'junk' stores. But, I am not after furniture, or gadgets. Books are my 'thing'. I love old books. When I met my husband, I was thrilled to find out that he felt the same as I. We have already checked out the antique store in our new town, and have our eye on several wonderful old classic books. They are a tad pricey, but when I have a bit of cash to spare I will probably slip back to the store and buy a few favorites. It is sad that when we moved a couple of years ago, we had to leave piles of beloved volumes behind. We both agonize over that frequently. There are some treasures that we just couldn't leave~such as this one. It really is a handy little book. Some of the chapters include: Appreciation, Courage, Friendship, Opportunity, Trifles...I just love the good old fashioned values in these words of wisdom. Today the Big talk around internet town is Earth Day. So, we will let today's thought come from the "Nature" chapter:

TRANSCENDENT
Author Unknown
Dear heart, perhaps you can not find God's hand
Or see His face through some hour of despair.
Do not be grieved, go seek the good, clean land,
And you will find Him there.

He is part of every wind that sweeps
Across the furrows, down their upturned length.
Breathe deeply of it~here is where God keeps
Stored healing and stored strength.

Wander awhile down some still wooded way;
Stoop to the lichen, dig through the mossy sod.
Stir in the leafmold~and the feathery spray
Of a fern can show you God.

You can touch Him as you touch the bark of a tree;
You can hear His voice in the voice of the singing birds.
Dear God, may we listen~God may we look and see
Thy face, and hear Thy words.



Did you see God today? That, my friends is what Earth Day is all about.


1 comment: