Pleased to meet Ya

Now it's time to say Hello to me and all my kin
I would like to thank you folks for kindly droppin' in
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have a heapin' helpin' of our hospitality!
Hillbilly, that is, sit a spell, take your shoes off
Y'all come back now, ya hear?

--adapted from "The Beverly Hillbillies" by Paul Henning

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I would title this iCarly, but someone else has that copyrighted

In case you haven't figured it out by now, I am a person of a different sort. When I write a recipe, you can bet that it's just unusual enough that you probably won't find it on another blog. {Come on now, you know you enjoyed that Possum Stew recipe!}
 Well, the same goes for when I feature someone. You will find a lot of etsy bloggers featuring this person, or that person. I've even been featured, and for that I am very grateful. I hope that you all understand that I may not return the favor. Generally, when I do get around to featuring someone, they have to fall into one of two categories...1) They are non- profit, or they are making a difference for someone in some way, or 2) They are a 'newbie'... They are just making their start in the land of Etsy.

Meet my newest 'newbie' friend:

Hello, my name is Carly. I'm a mom of a very active 8 year old young man and work part time as an RN on the weekends. My husband and I have been married almost 15 years.

I love to make things for others to enjoy and I was very much in need of a creative outlet to offset some of the responsibilities in life! I've been making jewelry for years as gifts and for myself. I started to sell some stuff in the past few months, just as a way to "fund" my hobby.
I enjoy making all kinds of jewelry, but some of my favorite pieces once lived as something else. I create one of a kind handmade necklaces, earrings, and bracelets made from vintage or new jewelry that is either broken or outdated. I work with Vintage ( 1950's mostly ) beads when possible and also many other materials including polymer clay, glass beads, brass and many more...I wanted to share my passion for fun, repurposed art that you can wear!

Along with designing jewelry I am also passionate about my Holistic, eco-friendly lifestyle, mindful living and parenting. I also enjoy the ability to help others bring a balance back into their lives, So many times I was a pushed and pulled in a million directions by my family, work, child, spouse, etc. I've been able to strike a better balance in my life, reduce stress and become more mindful of how I am living and the energy I am putting out into the world. I wish for others to share in that joy....

I think the key is to take responsibility for your own health and well being, not to rely on someone else to make you happy. That means different things for everyone, but for me it is about making sure I am taking care of myself first and using my creative energy to make others feel special as well!

You can find Carly...
or



No comments:

Post a Comment