Pleased to meet Ya

Now it's time to say Hello to me and all my kin
I would like to thank you folks for kindly droppin' in
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have a heapin' helpin' of our hospitality!
Hillbilly, that is, sit a spell, take your shoes off
Y'all come back now, ya hear?

--adapted from "The Beverly Hillbillies" by Paul Henning

Friday, March 19, 2010

Stephen's Big Adventure

Instead of Folklore Friday, my son Stephen asked if he could have a turn at my blog. I am a very fair mom, so, of course, I said yes. (After all, Seth gets to!) Here is what Stephen had to say...

Today my mommy took me on a big adventure! She's always talking about how much she loves to hike; so, she took me on my first trip through the woods. She said we need our hiking shoes, so I chose my red boots...
I was sure excited about my first trip into the woods...

Of course, before a big hike, I really needed some nourishment to make sure I could make it all the way. We found this neat rock to sit on. Mom and I think God made it just for us. It was a nice place to eat my snack...

This is the view from where we were snacking. I had never been near a creek before. It sounded cool...

Now, that I had eaten, it was time to get all ready for the hike. We found another nice hiker to take our picture. Do you see me?

Mom said some of the terrain was pretty tough. We had to go up hills, through streams, and over boulders. Here are some of the places we went...

We went a long ways, but when mommy saw this sign she made us turn around a go back. She said two miles was enough. I don't think that was fair.

That's okay though, because I met some great friends on my big adventure. This man had his feet in the water. Mom said I couldn't. She wasn't fair again...

I did find a nice doggy...

And another new friend. She let me try out her bike. I told daddy I want one of these...He asked if I meant the lady or the bike. The bike, of course, silly daddy!...

Here I am at the end of my big day. Usually I giggle and talk all through my bath, but tonight I was just too tired...


Good night!!

5 comments:

  1. What a great day....Beautiful Pictures and writing.....I love it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the mouths of babes...
    How totally sweet -- I think he really enjoyed his hike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'm glad to see that you're a "baby wearer" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Toluso...thanks! Pictures could be better, but all I had was a cell phone. Mentally noting to take the camera next time!
    @ Sarah...I think he did as well. I love wearing my babies. Strollers dont make it through the woods very well! I am a bit worried about next summer, he'll be such a big boy to carry, and too young to hike the kind of areas I hike, but for this summer we will enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so cute!!! LOL on daddy's sense of humor :D

    ReplyDelete