Pleased to meet Ya

Now it's time to say Hello to me and all my kin
I would like to thank you folks for kindly droppin' in
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have a heapin' helpin' of our hospitality!
Hillbilly, that is, sit a spell, take your shoes off
Y'all come back now, ya hear?

--adapted from "The Beverly Hillbillies" by Paul Henning

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lions, Cadavers, and Breastmilk~Oh My!

As I sit here at 3:00 a.m. nursing my two month old son, I was searching for the perfect news stories for my weekend post. I found one that draws my eye...
A woman in Owensboro, KY was arrested for intoxication. I guess that it kind of made her mad, because as she was putting on her prison clothes she squirted breastmilk into the face of a female deputy. The woman now faces charges of felony 3rd degree assault. (I made a mental note not to let my infant son hear this story. I've squirted him in the face numerous times!)
Every year about this time I look forward to my favorite candy...yep, Cadbury Eggs. But, perhaps this sweet treat isn't the thing for you. Perhaps you like a little bacon with your eggs instead. Well, Vosges Chocolate has the perfect candy for your egg and bacon loving palatte. Five bacon caramel filled chocolate half eggs sell for just $22. Yep, you read that right. BACON caramel filled. Other flavored caramels to come in the future. What flavor do you think they should offer?

Mondays are just Mondays. They are destined to be bad days. This past Monday was no exception for a NYC funeral home director. He had pressing business. He had a certain piece of cargo that needed delivered to the airport for a scheduled flight to Miami. Leaving his van unattended, he ran back into the funeral home. He'll think twice about doing that the next time. He came back out to find van, and it's contents gone. The window placard allowing him to park legally had fallen...and a hard working police officer had the van towed...body and all. The police officer hadn't seen the cardboard casket due to the tinted windows. I'll bet he checks closer the next time.

A car thief learned to check closer for unwanted cargo. Last November said thief set his sites on a Mercedes Transporter. The thief was never caught. It is assumed that the cargo...a 5 yr old circus lion...probably roared and scared him. The vehicle was found abandoned~crashed into a street sign and still running. It seems the German police officer also overlooked the precious cargo, and had the Transporter towed. 'Caesar' was discovered hours later, hungry from her adventure but otherwise ok.

I think I'm going to grab a bite to eat. I'm hungry as a lion. Bacon and eggs comes mind...

1 comment:

  1. Cadbury's Creme Eggs?
    They're my hubby's favourite. I better not tell him there are bacon flavours too -he'll end up the size of a house :lol:

    ReplyDelete