Pleased to meet Ya

Now it's time to say Hello to me and all my kin
I would like to thank you folks for kindly droppin' in
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have a heapin' helpin' of our hospitality!
Hillbilly, that is, sit a spell, take your shoes off
Y'all come back now, ya hear?

--adapted from "The Beverly Hillbillies" by Paul Henning

Friday, June 18, 2010

Twitterpated an other things to learnt.

I got myself an email this mornin, and it were all about life truths. Ifn you can't relate to these then you ain't livin'!!

A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
Onced and Twiced are words.

“Jaw-P?” means “Did y’all go to the bathroom?”  

Fixinto is one word. It means I’m fixing to do that.
Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar.
Backwards and forwards means I know everything about you.
          The word “jeet?” is actually a phrase meaning “Did you eat?”
You don’t have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you’re done or it’s too dark to see.

You measure distance in minutes.

You switch from heat to A/C in the same day.

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.

You know what a DAWG is.


You carry jumper cables in your car - for your OWN car.

You only own five spices: salt, pepper, Tony’s, Tabasco and ketchup.

The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, motor sports, and gossip.

You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.

You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit a bit warm.

Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite pastime known as “goin’ Wal-Martin’” or “off to Wally World”.

You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chicken stew weather.

Fried catfish is the other white meat.

We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive dag-nabbit.

(I really laughed about some of these. "Fixinto" is truly in my daily vocabulary. We do measure the distance in minutes it takes to get there. I often use the heat in the morning after Jerry leaves for work, but the A/C goes on to cool it down before he comes home. The festival in this town,.."Crayfish days", or a bit more south "Mountian Oyster Fest". I could go on, but I'll spare you.)

On a more serious note, I'm as giddy as a twitterpated bull-frog on a warm summer night. One of my wallhang-uns has been used for a showin an a tellin! GO HERE to one of my favorite blogs. Pat is a real live artist, an she has something I made hanging in her home! Don't that beat all??

3 comments:

  1. I'm honoured to have one of your wallhang-uns in my home.
    Y'all a true arteest too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the hanging on Pat's blog -- it's beautiful. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup - I say "fixin to" all the time and "jeet" is for sure a word (it's gotta be in the dictionary!) "Didja" is another good word!!

    And, Tonya, the wall hanging is lovely!

    ReplyDelete